12.28.2009

Lyrics

Here are a couple of pieces from a project that I am currently working on. For this project, I am illustrating Bob Dylan lyrics in which he sings about women. I still have a lot to do for it, but it definitely has been one of the my more enjoyable undertakings. I have read every song in Bob Dylan Lyrics 1962-1985 which if you have seen the book, you can imagine how long it took just to do that. Hopefully, I will have some more work from this project to post soon. But for now, here are these two. Let me know what you think so far.

I Shall Be Free No. 10
I gotta woman, she’s so mean
She sticks my boots in the washing machine
Sticks me with buckshot when I’m nude
Puts bubblegum in my food
She’s funny, wants my money, calls me “honey.”


Every grain of Sand
In the time of my confession, in the hour of my deepest need
When the pool of tears beneath my feet flood every newborn seed
There’s a dyin’ voice within me reaching out somewhere,
Toiling in the danger and in the morals of despair

3 comments:

  1. Awesome project. These pictures are fabulous. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how these turned out! do more! do more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool idea for a project - I love it. I especially love that first picture.

    ReplyDelete