12.29.2009

Panoramas

While we were in China, my professor was kind enough to let me borrow his Hasselblad xpan. It's a really cool camera and I secretly wish it was mine. It uses 35 mm film, but exposes about 2 1/2 frames of what a regular 35 mm camera would to create a panoramic image. So here are a few of the photos from China taken with this camera. And you can click on the photos to make them a little bigger, sorry I realize that they are tiny.

Mao Village: The Mao people are the largest minority group in China. We had lunch at one of the villager's houses and were able to experience some of their traditions. When visitors come to their village they welcome them by holding up a horn shaped thing with wine in it for you to drink as you enter their house. While we were eating, they also had girls walk around the table singing a traditional song and serving us more wine (by serving us, I mean that they hold the cup up to your mouth and wait for you to drink). If you don't drink alcohol, it's probably not the best place to visit. Can't say that I'm a fan of wine, but it was a cool experience nonetheless.

Shanghai, Pudong side (if I remember correctly)

Somewhere in China...

Tibetan Village

2 comments:

  1. luckyyyyyyyy. I asked john once, and he wouldn't let me borrow it. =(

    Mao village looks the coolest. potra 160nc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out really fabulous in the BYU Magazine. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete